Just a synopsis of my daily adventures and things I think people would like to know... :)

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Restaurant Week

Last week was Restaurant Week in the District, and I went out twice for it! It's a good deal where fancy restaurants in the area offer a fixed menu for a cheaper price. It's a nice way to try out places you normally can't afford.

http://www.washington.org/restaurantwk/#G

I went with the gals from work to Restaurant Kolumbia. We were kind of disappointed in the food and we had to wait 25 mins to get our table! (we had made a reservation)

Here are some pics from our dinner:
http://www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp?l=quanandviet&P=&AID=2688782&CID=1371067&T=1&ILD=1043516

By far the best place I've ever been to for Restaurant week was 1789. I'll go back there again next time the week rolls around.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

hey, i wanted to comment on your choice of cities to move to.

Well, I just moved to DC from Austin.
I've been riding there for the last 7 years, and it's GREAT!!!
I haven't really found riding here that I like yet.
It's hard to get out of the traffic here.

Austin is good right now, but development is quickly moving in, so I don't know how much longer it's going to be good.
I think maybe 3-5 more years before you can only ride in comfort during the early mornings on the weekends.

Boulder is really great though.
they have a hold on development, and you get some really great climbs right out of your back door.
you can go west to the real mountains, or east to the flats.
tons of great training in boulder.

i hear that raleigh is pretty good, but probably more for mt biking than road biking.

haven't ever done san deigo.

SF, you've got to contend with traffic like you do here.

never done portland either.
if it's strictly riding you're looking for, i think you should really take a close look at boulder.

10:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home